Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chapter 5 : The Unpredictable

( Nicki )
    My Eye Fluttered Back And Fourth As I Watched SB Empty The Clip On Jacob. Shot After Shot . My Eyes Began To Steady As The Pain Made Itself Known. Not Only Was My Head Throbbing Like Crazy From Being Pistol Whipped But There Was A Really Sharp Pain In My Stomach.

" Farrreeeee! " I Cried Out Barely Audible. He Ran Over To Me And Used A Knife To Cut The Rope From My Wrists. He Used His Jacket To Apply Pressure To My Stomach And At That Moment I Knew What Happened. I'd Been Shot. My Eyes Darted Around The Room As I Heard The Cries Of A Familiar Voice. Then I Remember Candi ! I Tried To Sit Up But The Pain ... I Couldn't Take It !

" Can ... Can Don't Cry ! I'm Ok. I'm Ok. "

" Candi ! Do You Hear Me? I Said I'm Ok ! " What Is Going On ? Why Isn't She Responding To Me ? Why Is It Getting So Dark In Here? Oh My God. Please Help Me !

" Nic ! Can You Hear Me ? " Safaree Questioned Looking Into My Eyes

" Yes, I Can Hear You "

" Onika, Baby Talk To Me. "

" I Am Talking !! Don't You Hear Me ? "
 
    I Watched As His Head Hung Down And Tears Ran Down His Face . Why Can't He Hear Me?? Am I Dreaming? Is This All In My Head? What The Fuck Onika Pull Yourself Together And Say Something !

" Sa. Safaree ! I Love You ! " Where The Last Words I Muttered Before Drifting Into Unconsciousnesses.
------------------------
( Safaree )
    Seeing Her Laid Out On The Stretcher Broke My Heart. If Only I Would've Stayed He Wouldn't Have Gotten To Her. I Blame Myself. Now What If They Can't Save Her ? I'll Be Left Alone In This World All Because Of My Careless Actions. Ok. SB Pull Yourself Together ! Nicki Will Be Fine Right ?

" SB, You Cool Nigga? "

" Naw I'm Not Cool Man. My Fiance' Got Shot All Because Of My Foolish Actions. "

" Man, This Ain't Your Fault. So Stop Blaming Yourself!  You Saved Her Before The Unpredictable Happened And That's What Matters. "
  
 SB Jumped Up Getting Annoyed With D-Boy. He Paced The Floor Trying To Calm Down But He Could No Longer Hold His Composure .

" Man Do You Hear Yourself?  You Not Making No Fucking Since Right Now!  This Is The Unpredictable. Nicki Getting Shot Is Fucking Unpredictable! Never In My Whole Life Would I Have Thought My Future Wife Would Be Laying In The Hospital With A Bullet Wound In Her Fucking Stomach!  My Advice To You Is To Sit Here With Your Mouth Shut Or Go The Fuck Home Nigga! "
   
    D-Boy Sat There With This Dumb Look On His Face As If He Wanted To Say Something. SB Stared At Him Then Looked Towards The Elevator As His Mother And Mama Carol Stepped Out. He Stood Up And Walked Over To Them Hugging Mama Carol First As She Cried Into His Chest. He Felt Her Pain. Tears Rolled Down His Cheeks As He Pulled His Mother In For A Hug Also.
They Walked Over To The Waiting Room And Sat Down In The Chairs. He Held Both Mothers Hands In An Attempt To Confort Them As Candi Walked Over To Mama Carol And Gave Her A Hug. " Everything Is Gonna Be Ok" She Wispered To Mama Carol Before Sitting Down. They Tried To Hold Small Talk But The Tension In The Room Was Just To Thick. The Only Thing They Really Cared About Was Nicki Being Okay.

--------------------
" Mr. Samuels...  Mr. Samuels! " Dr. Thompson Called Out Waking Safaree From His Sleep. She Walked Away And Gestured Safaree To Follow Her Into The Hallway.

" Mr. Samuels .. "

" Call Me Safaree "

" Ok. Safaree. I'm Happy To Tell You That Your Wife's Surgery Went Perfect ! The Bullet Was Removed Before It Hit Any Of Her Major Organs. So She'll Be Perfectly Fine. "

    Safaree Jumped For Joy And A Big Smile Spread Across His Face. He Stared At The Doctor As Her Smile Turned Into A Frown.

" The Fuck She Frowning For? She Just Told Me Great News " He Thought To Himself As They Shared An Uncomfortable Silence. She Looked Down At Her Shoes Then Back Up At Him Meeting His Eye.

" What's The Problem? "

" I Have Bad News Too Mr. Samuels ... I Mean Safaree "

" Bad News? You Just Told Me That She Would Be Fine . "

" Mr. Samuels, Mrs. Maraj Was 2 Months Pregnant. "

" PREGNANT ? " Safaree's Eyes Got Big And His Heart Sank. " You Must Have Her Confused With Another Patient. We Knew Nothing About A Baby! "

" I'm 100% Positive That Ms. Onika Maraj Was Pregnant. There's A Possibility That She Didn't Know. But She Was. Here's The Bad News. The Baby Didn't Survive The Surgery. "

    SB Couldn't Believe His Ears. His First Seed Was Gone And All Because Of That Fuck Nigga Jacob. His Emotions Were Everywhere At This Point. He Was Angry And Sad All At Once.

" I'm Sorry Mr. Samuels! "

" When Can I See Her? "

" Right Now She's In Recovery. So In The Next 2-3 Hours Her Vitals Should Be Stable Then You Can Go In. "

" Ok! " He Replied Before Walking Back Into The Waiting Room. He Sat Back Down In The Chair Between The Two Mothers And A Silent Tear Rolled Down His Cheek. He Quickly Wiped It Away When He Realized Mama Samuels Was Awake.

" Son, What Did The Doctor Say? "

    He Let Out A Deep Breath Before Replying To His Mother. " The Doctor Said Her Surgery Went Great And That She'll Be Perfectly Fine. "

" That's Great News Boy ! What You Looking Sad For ? "

" The Doctor Also Said That Nic Was Two Months Pregnant. And The Baby Died. "

The Room Grew Silent A Mama Samuels Eyes Began To Water. She Knew Her Son Had To Be Hurting. She Knew How It Felt To Loose A Child. Little Did Safaree Know He Had A Twin Brother That Died At Birth. But She Never Told Him Because She Didn't Want Him To Be Hurt.

 " Should I Say Something? No. He's Going Through A Lot Already. " Mama Samuels Thought To Herself While Staring At Her Sons Face. She Wiped Away The Tear That Fell From His Eye And Held His Hand.

" Everything's Gonna Be Alright Son. This Isn't The End So You Can Always Try Again ! " She Ensured Him

---------------------------

" Hey Baby " Nicki Stated In A Low Tone As Safaree Walked Into The Room With A Huge Smile Spread Across Her Face. He Glanced At Her And Could Tell That She Was Still Weak. He Shook His Head And Forced A Smile. He Hated That She Had To Go Through This But He Was Glad That She Was Alive And Would Soon Be Back Up On Her Feet. He Walked Over And Placed The Vase Of Red And White Roses On Her Nightstand Then Gave Her A Kiss.

" Baby. I'm Sorry ... "

" Don't Apologize Faree. It's Not Your Fault. You Did Everything You Could Do. Only Thing That Matters I That I'm Gonna Be Ok And That You're Here With Me. "

Safaree Smiled This Time From The Heart. " I Love You Onika. "

" I Love You Too Safaree! " She Replied In A Whisper

" Is There Anything You Need? "

" No. I'm Fine. Where's My Mother? "

" She Said She'll Be Back In A Hour Or Two. Her And My Mom Went To Get Your Brothers. "

" Ok. And What About Candi? "

" She Had To Make A Run. She'll Be Back At Five. "

" Faree Who Was That Other Guy Who Was With You ? "

" Oh. That Was D-Boy ."

" Really! That Was Him ? Now I Feel Bad For Treating Him Like That. I'll Have To Apologize" Nicki Said Now Feeling Bad For Throwing Him So Much Shade. Safaree Laughed Then Looked At Her.

" What's Funny? "

" Nothing. But Can I Ask You Something ? " Safaree Asked With A Serious Look On His Face

" Shoot. "

" Nicki Did You Know That You Were Pregnant? "

" WHAT?? NO ! I HAD NO IDEA ! " Nicki Stated In Shock!

" Didn't You Notice That You Hadn't Had Your Period? "

" Yes. But I Though It Was Just From Stress. I Never Thought To Take A Pregnancy Test."

" Well, Doctor Thompson Informed Me That You Were Two Months Pregnant. But That You Lost The Baby During Surgery. "

" Wow! " Nicki Whispered Staring Up At The Ceiling As Tears Rolled Down Her Cheeks. Safaree Grabbed Her Hand And Squeezed It.

" It's Gonna Be Ok Nic. Everything's Gonna Be Ok. " He Stated As He Rubbed Her Back.

    They Shared A Comfortable Silence As Nic Wiped Her Tears And Stared At Him. She Leaned In For A Kiss And Held On To It Like It Would Be Their Last.

" We Can Always Try Again! " Nicki Stated Giving SB The Eye

He Laughed Catching Her Drift . " She Is Such A Freak " He Thought To Himself

" Yea We Can. But Not Right Now ! " He Replied As They Both Burst Into Laughter.

                   

    - Hope You Enjoyed The Chapter. I'll Be Back Soon With Chapter 6. Leave Comments And Suggestion ( What You Wanna See Happen In This Story Etc ) Below ! I Really Wanna Know What You Guys Think!                    
                                                                                       Xoxo - De'Wanna  ( @BeamMeUp_Barbie ) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Its really sad that Nicki lost her baby, but it's also great that shes okay. I hope later on in the story, she'll get married & eventually pregnant again. But, great job, and I can't wait for the next chapter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so sad that Nicki lost her baby & she didnt even know about. But I am happy that Safaree came & rescued her & Candi.

    ReplyDelete